DWI/DWAI/DUI related violations in NYS

Receiving a required OASAS assessment due to a DWI/DWAI/DUI

NYS and the DMV have specific conditions. If you are found to be intoxicated by alcohol or another substance while driving a motor vehicle part of the process requires that you receive an assessment from an OASAS facility.

In order to receive an assessment you need to make an appointment with us. When you come in at the time of your appointment you will need to bring in a copy of your driving abstract (You can get that on the DMV website). https://dmv.ny.gov/dmv-records/records-request-navigator

You will also need a copy of your arrest records (You need to go to the precinct who pulled you over). They have the records and will give you a copy of it. Without those documents we cannot provide the assessment.

Whether you choose to come to us or choose another provider all of us are required by NYS to obtain this documentation from you in order to begin the assessment process.

Useful DMV documents