Friends Of Bridge, Inc. is a voluntary not-for-profit, community-based outpatient counseling center located in Valley Stream, New York. Established in 1970, services are provided for the residents of the South Shore of Nassau County and all of the surrounding areas.
We’re celebrating our 50th year serving the community
Our focus is to assist individuals, their families and significant others whose lives have been impacted by substance abuse and dependency to begin a process of recovery and positive growth by:
- Helping our clients to achieve and maintain full abstinence.
- Maintaining a staff with specialized training to help clients suffering with co-occurring mental health disorders.
- Educating each individual about chemical dependency and other addictions.
- Empowering our clients and significant others to build a strong base in recovery, learning and using relapse prevention strategies.
- Assisting our clients in achieving and maintaining a healthy, responsible lifestyle.
We also allow clients to self-pay / Sliding scale payments are available for those at lower income levels. No one will be turned down due to an inability to pay.
If you have a medical emergency, please go to the nearest emergency room.
To apply for programs or services, please call us at (516) 825-4242. A brief telephone application will start the process.
Friends Of Bridge, Inc. does not discriminate against any person seeking advice at our center.
All contacts are kept private and confidential under HIPPA regulations.
Our fees are based on a sliding scale and one’s ability to pay.
All members of our staff are Qualified Health Professionals with expertise in the treatment of substance and co-occurring mental health disorders.
Licensure and Funding
Friends Of Bridge, Inc. is a licensed Chemical Dependency Treatment Center recognized by:
- New York State Office of Alcohol and Substance Abuse Services
- Nassau County Department of Mental Health, Chemical Dependency, and Developmental Disabilities Services
- The Inc. Village of Valley Stream
- New York State Legislative Grants